CRW Rides are open to members and limited guests. Guests may only attend two rides before joining.
All riders (both Members and Guests) must REGISTER
Register here: https://www.crw.org/memberrideregistration?rid=10003&date=
If a rider has not pre-registered, that rider must do so online at the start of the ride.
The online registration will include a liability waiver that all riders will need to review and accept.
The online registration will also require all riders to review CRW’s Safety and COVID Guidelines and to agree to follow those guidelines on the ride.
Roam through the middle of D2R2 country riding amazing, scenic & traffic-free routes. Prepare for plenty of climbing in some cases well above the golden ratio of 100ft/mi.
All rides from Conway City Hall, 5 Academy Hill Road, Conway, MA. Plenty of parking at the ballfield above the town hall.
The ride coincides with a full gravel adventure weekend. Review prospectus & join us.
CRW Gravel program will provide dinner to all participants. Bring your favorite beverage & folding lawn chair.
There aren't a lot of stores on the route. There is an awesome spring about half way on the long ride, and then two stores in the later third. The long route is 64 miles, with 8,400 feet of climbing. There are 6 significant climbs, and a whole lot of moderate ones. We go up Cooper Lane, down Colrain Mountain, up Franklin Hill, down Stowe Mountain, up Stark Mountain, down Branch Road past the Bell Spring, up Pennel Hill, down Ed Clark, up Hillman, down Wilson Hill, up Patten and then back to Conway. All of the climbs are dirt. Many of the descents are paved.
- Cell coverage is spotty and services are slim. Roads have very little traffic, so hitching a lift could take a while. Riders should be self-supported with both bike and personal needs.
- Carry what you need to fix your bike (be prepared in case you have multiple flats).
- Have a means of carrying some food and plenty of water. (There are very few stores—they will be listed for various routes).
- Be prepared for summer thunderstorms and drops in temperature (bring a jacket).
- Bring your sense of humor and ability to adapt to change in plans… roll.
- Be comfortable riding on varied conditions of dirt and gravel roads. Most roads will be firm and packed in mid summer, but in some places could be dry and sandy to wet & muddy.
- Be prepared for long steep climbs and descents. (low gears and good brakes are essential).
- Be comfortable riding in a group. Long climbs and descents on dirt will inevitably spread the group out at times. Regrouping from time-to-time is expected as some riders cluster together.
- Routes are not really conducive to pace-lining, but social riding with photo stops is encouraged.
*** Bring proper navigation tools: GPS device, phone app, or cue sheet. Do not rely on others to help you with navigation. They may ride at a different speed than you. ***
Use club Slack channel #gravel to discuss this event further https://www.crw.org/content/slack
Take some pictures, post on Instagram with #CRWheelers
Click HERE for descriptions of the ride types.