CRW Rides are open to members and limited guests. Guests may only attend two rides during the calendar year.
All riders (both Members and Guests) must REGISTER
Guests register here: https://www.crw.org/node/9798?rid=10256&date=2021-09-15
Members register here: https://www.crw.org/node/9797?rid=10256&date=2021-09-15
If a rider has not pre-registered, that rider must do so online at the start of the ride.
The online registration will include a liability waiver that all riders will need to review and accept.
The online registration will also require all riders to review CRW’s Safety and COVID Guidelines and to agree to follow those guidelines on the ride.
What: Efficient 30 mile, no drop, beginner/intermediate pace line ride, 18+ mph
Where: Starts at Mighty Squirrel and goes through Lincoln and Concord
When: 5:30 AM
- Ride as a team in an organized pace line manner (circular pace line on wide roads and single pace line on narrow or busy roads)
- Pace line starts once we cross the I-95 exit (Winter St.) and ends when we reach Concord Ave. on the return leg
- Leaders do 2-3 minute pulls
- No drop on flats, hills, or after stop signs (riders in front, please be aware and ease up after hills and stop signs to ensure the group stays together)
- Active communication and hand signals throughout the ride and along the pace line; leaders up front and riders in the back are equally important in setting the pace
- Watch this 6 minute GCN instructional video prior to your first ride; note we will be doing 2 -3 minute pulls vs. 30 second pulls (https://youtu.be/HDxXRq5fo8A)
- Review this article prior to your first ride (https://bikeraceinfo.com/training-fitness/pacelines-types.html)
- Communication and direction are critical for this ride; please have the map and your instantaneous speed (vs. average speed) available to you during the ride
- Riders are expected to fix their own mechanicals and are responsible for catching up and/or returning home
- Route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37267452?privacy_code=2qDi0l9c1OPk4lAZ
Riders are expected to have directions available during the ride. Please bring sufficient front and rear lights.
Click HERE for descriptions of the ride types.