CRW is run 100% by volunteers. There are currently several open volunteer positions. Can you help with any of them?
The club is always looking for volunteers to help lead rides. To learn everything you need to know about being a Ride Leader, check out our Ride Leader Handbook.
To become a Ride Leader, you need to:
- Attend Ride Leader training (for 2021 you can watch the Zoom video)
- Read the Ride Leader Handbook
- Co-lead at least two rides
- Submit a letter to the VP of Rides
- List the rides you co-lead
- Provide the names of the Ride Leaders
- Describe your responsibilities on those rides
For more information, contact the VP of Rides at email@example.com
Gravel Program Leader
Create a mixed fun on paved & gravel in search of maximum fresh air & minimum traffic. Define scope, recruit leaders, identify potential rides, define goals for the year.
Contact Rami Haddad president@CRW.org
Wheel People Newsletter
Several different skill sets are required to produce the monthly newsletter, and two positions are open.
- Assistant Editor: solicit articles, compose original articles, work with past authors and edit existing articles. Task is to make sure an article is readable, accurate and otherwise ready for publication.
- Graphic Designer: provide graphic input on submitted articles. Should have knowledge about design elements and technical skills to use design software tools. Creativity is essential.
Contact Editor of WheelPeople Eli Post firstname.lastname@example.org
Positions are open for each channel. You would preferably commit for one year, spending about 2 hours per week.
- Instagram: post pictures collected from rides, compile stories, respond to comments, announce club updates published elsewhere, & connect with community members.
- Facebook: administer tool configurations, manage member requests to join, update banner images, moderate member conversations according to communication guidelines, post announcements based on club & Wheel People updates, & connect with community members.
- Strava: schedule rides & events on Strava calendar based on club calendar, post announcements based on club & Wheel People updates, & administer club members that may be ghost or spam accounts.
- Slack: moderate member conversations according to communication guidelines, administer tool configurations, & connect with community members.
- Google Groups: moderate member conversations according to communication guidelines, manage member requests to join, administer tool configurations, & connect with community members.
Contact communications team email@example.com