CRW GRANTS and DONATIONS PROGRAM
Charles River Wheelers (CRW) is a Massachusetts 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that promotes bicycle riding and education through organized group rides and other activities. CRW has a comprehensive year-round rides program which targets different geographic areas and ability levels. CRW is a volunteer organization, with no paid employees. Through its bi-annual century rides, CRW is able to raise funds which it then in turn donates to other bicycle organizations to promote bicycle riding in underprivileged and underserved areas, and to support the policies and infrastructure required by bicyclists in broader communities. Grants and donations are generally in the $1,000 to $7,000 range. Past grants and donations include:
• Boston Cyclist Union for support of Ride to Work Days to encourage Massachusetts workers to ride their bikes to work.
• Bikes Not Bombs for support of their mission of developing local and global programs that provide skill development, jobs, and sustainable transportation.
• MassBike to provide bicycle light distribution and education to promote safer night riding.
• Livable Streets
• Friends of the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail
**Please note that CRW supports both ongoing and new initiatives and is willing to consider grants, as well as donations to fund-raising campaigns.
OUR GRANT/DONATIONS PROCESS
An applicant must meet the following criteria:
• Be tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code or have a fiscal sponsor that has 501(c)(3) status and provides written authorization confirming its willingness to act as the fiscal sponsor.
• Be a proven fiscally-stable organization.
• Engage in work that aligns with the CRW’s mission and objectives. Details about CRW’s history and mission are available on the website at CRW.org
• Grants/donations are awarded twice a year. For 2020, applications will be accepted April 1 and October 1, 2020. CRW will make every attempt to provide a streamlined application and awards process that reflects the small resource level of many of the organizations in the bicycle community.
• Decisions are typically made within 45 days of the application and funding will be streamlined. As part of the awards process, a member of your staff may be asked to share your mission at a board meeting or the member’s annual meeting.
• CRW Grants committee members are available and responsive to help discuss grant and donation ideas. No question too small! Email: Grants@CRW.org.
To printout the Grants/Donation Application, please click: HERE