Cranberry Harvest Century: COVID-19 Edition
In May of this year, the CRW Century Committee made the decision to take the Climb to the Clouds Century solo, with the hope that we could put on a Fall century. With the pandemic still going on, our lives not completely back to normal, and group activities still restricted, the committee has decided to organize a solo event for the Cranberry Harvest Century.
Event Challenges and Contests
- CHC COVID Edition Rider Results Form (enter after your ride)
- Segment Challenge Sign-up (you must sign up before you ride) This link was updated on 9-17-20
- Charles River Wheelers Facebook Group (post your story and photos)
We also want to encourage everyone to share their photos and the personal experiences of your ride on our Facebook page. We will select four individuals for a $50 prize. The categories are: best photo(s); the most creative, funny or inspiring story; the segment winner; and most ice cream eaten along the route (photos required)! Bonus points for selfies showing off those CRW kits! Please let us all enjoy the fun of your ride and the stories from the road.
Directions to Ride Start
The Middleborough School District will be in session during this ride, and has asked that we do not park at Nichols Middle School or on Tiger Drive. If you park there, even on weekends, you may be ticketed or towed. Please park at Peirce Playground, which is near the center of town, and about 1.75 miles from Tiger Drive. The address is 26 Jackson St. Middleborough, MA. The parking at Peirce Playground is public, and we have not rented or reserved space, just received confirmation that it is OK for people to come and park for the better part of a day.
Riding directions from Peirce Playground to Tiger Drive:
- From the playground, ride south on Lincoln St. until you get to Wareham St.
- Turn left onto Wareham St. and ride about 1.25 miles to Wood St.
- Turn left on Wood St. and ride about ½ miles to the entrance of Tiger Drive
- You are now at the beginning of the three routes
A few more things to consider
- As this is an unsupported solo ride, bring adequate water and nutrition, as refueling locations may be sparse.
- While we will do our best to scout routes, please be prepared for unexpected detours from summer construction projects. If you encounter an issue with a route, please let us know!
- Dress appropriately, better yet pick a blue bird day! Do we need to remind you of how the weather can change during Fall in New England?
- Bring a spare tube and necessary tools…UBER bailouts may not be possible!
- Comply with all COVID-19 restrictions.
Remember: When your ride is complete; post your ride to CRW's Facebook page, your RWGPS account or Strava account. Let us know where you posted by registering your ride at CHC COVID Edition Rider Results Form (log in to your CRW account first).