Change to Cranberry Harvest Century
The following message was sent on September 24, 2021 to registered riders for the 2021 Cranberry Harvest Century
Dear Cranberry Harvest Riders,
We are disappointed to announce that the Town of Middleborough will not allow the club to use the Nichols Middle School as a start & finish location for the Cranberry Harvest Century. The Chief of Police and Board of Selectmen have cited concerns about safety and lack of general benefit to the Town of Middleborough.
Because this unexpected decision just occurred, we do not have other options for this key part of the ride. We will cancel the 2021 Cranberry Harvest in-person century.
Instead, we will hold a virtual challenge all day on Sunday 3 October 2021.
Volunteers will be at the following locations to meet and greet you with food & hydration supplies:
- Mattapoisett Wharf (public rest rooms available)
- Myles Standish State Forest headquarters (public rest rooms available)
The rest stops will be stocked with generous servings of:
- Cold brew Starbucks coffee
- Cliff energy bars, shots, & gels
- Scratch hydration mix & chews
- Cape Cod potato chips
- Vermont meat sticks
- Oreos variety pack
- M&Ms variety pack
A virtual challenge means that you will ride a route of your choosing by yourself or with friends. We will offer:
- Multiple distance routes ranging from 50–100 miles
- Multiple starting locations from Kingston & Myles Standish state park
- Multiple options for using MBTA commuter rail for public transport
Route options available are:
- 52mi from Kingston https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37597549
- 77mi from Kingston https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37597115
- 101mi Century from Kingston https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37597300
- 58mi from Myles Standish https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37596928
- 70mi from Myles Standish https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37596891
We are making minor edits to these routes. Expect final copies to be available on Thursday 30 September 2021.
We will not have any start or finish activities. Parking is on your own at one of these locations:
- Kingston MBTA Station, 134 Marion Dr, Kingston, MA 02364. Total parking spaces: 1,030. Daily fee on Sunday: $2.
- Kingston commuter train schedule available at https://www.mbta.com/schedules/CR-Kingston/timetable Weekend pass is $10.00.
- Myles Standish State Park near College Pond. Daily parking fees MA residents $8 & Non-MA residents $30.
You must have the wrist band that you collect from Myles Standish rest stop. We will also provide a $2.00 refund for parking at the Kingston MBTA station.
Alternatively, you may request a refund for the ride from century [at] crw.org. The deadline for requesting a refund is the end of Monday 27 September 2021.
CRW Century Committee and Board of Directors