2021 Virtual Centuries
We are excited that CRW is providing two different spring virtual centuries. The first, North to New Hampshire, will be starting on May 1st and will run through May 31st. The second, Climb to the Clouds, will start June 1st and run through June 30th.
- These centuries are limited to CRW members only, and all riders must register at one of the links below.
- There is no charge to participate in a virtual century
- Please follow CRW Covid-19 riding rules: https://www.crw.org/content/crw-covid-19-riding-rules
- Parking is on your own. We have chosen start and stop locations that have public parking available, but we have not made any special arrangements. Please follow all posted signs and especially avoid parking in spots reserved for schools during school hours
- Since these are virtual, we have added start and stop locations to accommodate those who want to use the Commuter Rail.
- On specific days there will be two hosted, but scaled back, rest stops for each century. Rest stops will have food and water, but no porta-potties
- Routes have not been scouted - you may run into construction or other detours, so please be prepared to make changes during the ride if needed
- There will not be a photo contest, but we would love to see pictures of your ride on Instagram or Facebook. If you post pictures you will be entered in a raffle to win some CRW club gear (limited to 5 participants each month that post pictures with the tag #crwheelers)
- Instagram: add #crwheelers in post + picture
- Facebook: add #crwheelers in post + picture
- Google Groups: include #crwheelers in subject line of message + picture in message
- Be sure to report on your ride using Facebook, Strava, Instagram, Slack, or Ride with GPS.
North to New Hampshire
The May century will be the North to New Hampshire route, a CRW classic that we have not held for a couple of years. The routes start in Wakefield, MA, at either the commuter rail station to at the nearby Northeast Metro Regional High School. You will have all of May to ride the century and post your results to social media. Photo shows riders enjoying the after-ride party at the 2016 North to NH Century
Three routes that start and end at Wakefield’s Northeast Metro Regional High School, 100 Hemlock Rd Wakefield, MA:
- North to New Hampshire 100, 63, and 50
Two routes that start and end at the Wakefield Commuter Rail stop on the Haverhill line
- North to New Hampshire 100 T-time and 63 T-time
The scheduled rest stops will be held at the American Legion Park, 17 Pentucket Ave, Georgetown, MA from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM on the following dates:
- Sunday May 2nd - 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Saturday May 15th - 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Climb to the Clouds
The June Century will be the Climb to the Clouds route, starting at one of three locations: the Fitchburg commuter rail station or Lincoln Sudbury HS. You will have all of June to complete this century and post your experience on social media. Photo shows riders taking a break at the 2015 CTTC.
Two routes from Lincoln Sudbury High School: 390 Lincoln Rd, Sudbury, MA
- Climb to the Clouds 100 and 63
One route from Nashoba Regional High School: 12 Green Road, Bolton, MA
- Climb to the Clouds 50 (this allows the half century riders to hit the summit!)
One route starting in Fitchburg at the Wachusett Commuter Rail station and ending at the Concord Commuter Rail station
- T-time (Commuter Rail)
- The scheduled rest stops will be held at the Mountainside Cafe, which is at the base of Mount Wachusett and not too far from the State Park entrance at 213 Mountain Rd., Princeton, MA. Their website is: https://mountainside-bakery-cafe.square.site - even if we are not hosting a rest stop on the day you choose to ride, this is a great place to stop and grab a snack or lunch.
- Saturday June 5th - 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Sunday June - still TBD, but a different weekend - 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
If you have any questions, please email the century coordinator: century [at] crw.org ()
See you on the road!
CRW Century Co-chair
Randall Nelson-Peterman is a member of the Century Committee.